Friday, July 25, 2014

Emily's Fashion Pick Of the Day!

Bonjour Beauties!
Emily here with a controversial statement: Fedora's are cool.
But Emily, aren't they a bit to elderly, a bit to 1920's mafia, a bit to friend-zoned nice guy? The answer is no!

I searched all over for a blog-worthy fashion pick of the day, and then a bright light came from above. And by that I mean I laid eyes on the large collection of hats on top of my wardrobe that have slowly been collecting dust. I glanced at my favorite feathery fedora, that has gone unworn, along with the rest of my hats, for months, and decided it was time to rekindle my love affair with my hats. Now hats, especially fedoras, can be a trouble to style, but with the right outfit, it can make your wardrobe go from basic to beautiful! Easily the most simple and statemented accessory found on any of your favorite clothing store shelves, hats can brighten a boring outfit, dress up casual clothes and hide a horrible hair day, so whats not to love?
 Here you will see the aforementioned hat, with multicolored feathers and a blue strip of material wrapped around the top (unseen in this picture).
 I find that the perfect way to style a hat is with a pair of high waisted shorts and a neutral colored semi-dressy top.
 This outfit is great for a not-to-hot-not-to-cold summer day out with friends, or even just a chill day at home.
My outfit consisted of a grey fedora with black, red and brown feathers from H&M, a white Forever 21 button-up dress shirt,  A pair of black Forever 21 high waisted shorts and my favorite black strappy sandals, again Forever 21. (Do you sense the recurring theme here?)

Bisous, 
Emily & Liana (Limly)

No comments:

Post a Comment