Sunday, July 27, 2014

Come Look at the Freaks! Side Show Musical Review

Bonjour Beauties! 
Friday night I was sitting in my room, doing usual teenage girl stuff with absolutely no plans and one of my best friends called me up and offered me one of her extra tickets to a play she was in called Side Show, done by the CMT in San Jose, CA. Seeing as I had nothing else to do and I had been told so much about it of course I accepted the invitation!


If you've never heard of it here is a little blurb:
Set in the 1930's, conjoined twins, Daisy and Violet Hilton work in a Sideshow, a show dedicated to showcasing 'freaks'. The twins' act includes singing, which a talent scout finds note worthy and immediately is drawn to them, convincing his boss that he can make them stars. The girls are trained and taught to sing and dance in unison and immediately become overnight sensations. Their journey to fame is filled with romance, heart break and conflict, everything you would expect and more. The story is heartwarming and highly emotional and not only showcases the difficulties of being conjoined in the career aspect, but also over romance and wanting different things from life.

CMT's production of Side Show was perfectly casted and showcased an abundance of rising stars, young actors and actresses that will undoubtedly make a name for themselves (so keep an eye out). I went the opening night so there were a few minor mistakes, but lets be honest, what shows don't have those? This show is family friendly and is great for all ages, a great show for a date night, or a family day out.
All I can say is that you definitely should go look at the freaks!

Bisous,
Emily and Liana (Limly)

No comments:

Post a Comment